Quantcast
my accountshopping bag
fashion trends

Friday, October 22, 2010

Merchandise It: Texture Frenzy

The Lori's Insider Report

—Ashley Lacey, Lori's staff and author of Stiletto-Chic

Anyone who knows me knows that I love to "merchandise it up" in the words of my fashion icon, the über-fab Carrie Bradshaw. (I am well aware that she is fictional but to me, she lives.)

I love to create a multi-dimensional look centered around one core item. It is paramount to have a statement piece, whether it be a pair of platforms, a necklace, a bracelet or a bag. Pick an item to be the center of attention and make it the star of the show!


When picking your pieces be sure to incorporate texture. Add items that don't seem to match. This trend is epic right now. Match a dressier item, such a sequin top or a light weight chiffon skirt, with a blazer or edgier boot as seen below on Gwyneth Paltrow. Her amped-up boots are obviously the main attraction! Get her sexy combat boot look with our Vancouver boot by Sam Edelman.



No need to match your belt with your pumps. No need to wear only complementary colors. Take a look at my fave "mix-n-match" runway Fall 2010 looks [courtesy of Harper's Bazaar]. These looks illustrate color remixing, the pairing of items of various textures, layering and the dominance of a muted color palette.





How does one style a "statement piece"?  How much is too much? You decide! Exercise your own judgment. I believe that fashion has no rules. Adorn yourself with fur (faux fur if you prefer), ethnic or Geo prints and texturized tights. Wear what your fashionable heart desires!
Hue tights, Boutique 9 wedge booties, earrings, and Cut N' Paste bag all available at Lori's

No comments:

For larger sizes, visit Barefoot Tess Barefoot Tess for larger sizes.