Quantcast
my accountshopping bag
fashion trends

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

On Trend: Stepping Out in Grey Style

– Carrie Michael of barestyle
Photos from thefashionpot.com, fashiontoast.com, r-bilson.net
Grey has been around the block. It’s not a fashion breakthrough or anything, but it has shifted from a shade for tops and sweaters to a standard for shoes, handbags and other accessories. (I’m typing this with fingernails sporting a color accurately named “Wet Cement”.) I’m anxiously awaiting the availability of the Jeffery Campbell “Lita” at Lori’s, and I can honestly say I’m contemplating grey instead of black. It just feels more fresh, neutral and wearable than black this season. And trust me, I’m a huge fan of black.

Mixing black and brown is a current trend, but mixing grey with black or brown is an effortless combination, making it an ideal choice for handbags and shoes. Think about it: a grey handbag will look amazing with any outfit, no matter what other hues are involved. My personal favorite look for fall is the grey platform boot. Love, love, love it. The softer grey hue breaks up the traditional rocker look and adds a more feminine vibe. And of course, grey continues to make its mark on scarves and socks. Here are my favorites from Lori’s:


1) Ruffled Gauze Scarf
2) Bloom Boom Boom NOA
3) Christopher Kon 505
4) Sabina 4588
5) Jeffrey Campbell Mary Roks
6) Remi & Reid Loyola
7) Rocket Dog Memories - Grey Dazzle

No comments:

For larger sizes, visit Barefoot Tess Barefoot Tess for larger sizes.